The full LineUp of German documentary productions and co-productions @34 DOK.fest Munich will be published until the End of April 2019 here... PRESSreleases until then - here.
GANZ GROSSES KINO - CINEMA AT IT'S BEST with four German documentary productions and co-productions premiering in the Deutsche Theater
- THE WHALE AND THE RAVEN by Mirjam Leuze, 93min, P: busse & halberschmidt
- ANOTHER REALITY by Noël Dernesch, Olli Waldhauer, 100min, P: elemag pictures GmbH, IT'S US Media, Cognito Films GmbH, •
- MISSION LIFELINE by Markus Weinberg, Luise Baumgarten, 67min P: ravir film GbR •
- DIE ROTE LINIE – WIDERSTAND IM HAMBACHER FORST by Karin de Miguel Wessendorf, 116min, P: Thurn Film
AWARD WINNING german documentaries 2019 The award ceremony will take place on the evening of 9 May 2019 as follow up of ALL DIGITAL? THE DOCUMENTARY SLAM.
German Documentary Film Music Award 2019 goes to Jana Irmert for her work with STRESS by Florian Baron. "The special way in which Jana Irmert combines composition and film not only reflects the destructive tension and the permanent psychological state of alarm of the severely traumatised young war veterans, but also creates an important space for the sound of the words that characterises the content, thus creating an echo chamber for the audience's thoughts and feelings. In her soundtrack to STRESS, the composer dissolves the boundaries between sound design and musical composition in a virtuoso and at the same time self-evident way, thus creating a sound cosmos that, through uncompromising reduction, generates brutal knowledge." according to the jury.
VFF Documentary Film Production Award 2019 goes to Fabian Driehorst - Fabian&Fred GmbH - producer of BOY OF WAR by Cyprien Clément-Delmas and Igor Kosenko.
'The film consistently pursues a difficult topic: a young man from the Ukraine dedicates his life to the fascination of war and wants nothing more than to finally move to the real battlefield. Directors and producers encounter this life plan without prejudice and curiously. The company works without smoke and mirrors. Not only do they run full financial risk, they also accept to shoot in dangerous war and crisis scenes. With this award we reward the high commitment of the producer, his firm belief in this mysterious material in which war becomes a cult, and his great willingness to take risks' according to the jury. Members of the jury are Birgit Schulz (CEO of BILDERSTURM Filmprod. GmBH and last year winner), Prof. Ulrich Limmer (Collina Filmrod. GmbH & HFF Munich) and Thomas Frickel (AG DOK chairman).
FairFilmAward Non-Fiction 2019 is presented by the members of Crew United with the support of numerous industry associations, including the FVSW Filmverband Südwest and honors production companies offering particularly fair working conditions.
DOK.fest Award of the SOS-Kinderdörfer weltweit 2019 Focus on young life worlds - the DOK.fest Award of the SOS Children's Villages worldwide honours documentary films that tell an outstanding story from the perspective of children and young people. The award is endowed with 3,000 euros. The award is sponsored by B.O.A. Videofilmkunst. The nominated german documentaries are BEFORE FATHER GETS BACK by Mari Gulbiani. In a Georgian village from which many men have left for Syria, two girls escape the common longing for their fathers through the magic of cinema. GODS OF MOLENBEEK by Reetta Huhtanen. The friends Amine and Aatos live in the same house. Their universe is about spiders, the search for God and one day about terror, which changes life in their district Molenbeek. A contemporary childhood study far removed from all clichés. ISIS, TOMORROW. The Lost Souls of Mosul by Francesca Mannocchi, Alessio RomenziISIS may have lost the war, but the simple act of surrender cannot erase the deadly ideology. What happens to the youngest losers (and their mothers) who have no memory of a world before ISIS?. Click for all of the nominees here.
LineUp german documentary productions and co-productions
- 100 MILLION VIEWS by Itamar Rose, 60min, Israel/Germany [DOK.special]
- ANOTHER LIFE by Jan Prazak, 72min, DE/A, [megaherz student award]
- ANOTHER REALITY by Noël Dernesch, Olli Waldhauer, 100min, Switzerland/Germany [DOK.deutsch]
- AQUARELA by Victor Kossakovsky, 90min, [DOK.focus humaNature]
- AUS LIEBE ZUM ÜBERLEBEN by Bertram Verhaag, 86min [Münchner Premieren]
- BASTARD IN MIND by Sobo Swobodnik, 86min, [DOK.deutsch]
- BEFORE FATHER GETS BACK by Mari Gulbiani, 75min, [DOK.horizonte]
- BOY OF WAR by Cyprien Clement-Delmas, Igor Kosenko, 79min [DOK.special]
- BRUDERLIEBE | DEAR BROTHER by Julia Horn, 106min, [DOK.deutsch]
- CLOSING TIME by Nicole Vögele, 116min, Switzerland/Germany [DOK.international]
- COFFEE & MISUNDERSTANDINGS - FOREVER FLÜCHTLING II by Annelie Boros, Anja Scharf, 11min [DOK.special]
- CONGO CALLING by Stephan Hilpert, 90min, Germany [Münchner Premieren]
- DEAD SEA DYING byRebecca Zehr, Katharina Rabl, 29min, [megaherz student award]
- DOPPELGÄNGER by Michaela Taschek, 20min, [megaherz student award]
- DRAW A LINE – RICHARD SIEGAL AND THE BALLET OF DIFFERENCE by Benedict Mirow, 85min, Germany/Nigeria [Münchner Premieren]
- EL PESO DEL ORO by Yves Itzek, Milosz Zmiejewski, Oscar Diaz, 30min, [megaherz student award]
- ESTA TODO BIEN - IT'S ALL GOOD by Tuki Jencquel, 70min, [DOK.horizonte]
- EYE CANDY by Katharina Kraft, 60min, [megaherz student award]
- FEBRUARY 27TH by Marie-Therese Jakoubek, 44min, [megaherz student award]
- FUSSBALLVERRÜCKT by Manuele Deho, 91min, Germany [Münchner Premieren]
- GODS OF MOLENBEEK by Reetta Huhtanen, 73min, Finland/Germany, [DOK.international]
- DIE GRUBE | THE PIT by Hristiana Raykova, 73min, [megaherz student award]
- GRUPPE SPUR – DIE MALER DER ZUKUNFT by Sabine Zimmer, 85min, Germany [DOK.spezial]
- HAMADA by Eloy Dominguez Serén, 88min SE/DE [DOK.horizonte]
- LAS HERMANAS DE ROCINANTE by Alexandra Kaufmann, 82min, Germany|Switzerland [DOK.international]
- HÖHENFLÜGE | HIGHFLYER by Lena Leonhardt, 88min [DOK.deutsch]
- I AM ANASTASIA by Thomas Ladenburger, 95min, [DOK.deutsch]
- IN MEINER HAUT by Anna-Sophia Richard, 72min, [megaherz student award]
- DAS INNERE LEUCHTEN | THE INNER LIGHT by Stefan Sick, 95min, [DOK.panorama]
- ISLAND OF THE HUNGRY GHOSTS by Gabrielle Brady, 94min, UK/Germany/Australia [BEST OF FESTS]
- IN SEARCH... by Beryl Magoko, 90min, [megaherz student award]
- VERLORENE SEELEN - DIE KINDER DES IS | ISIS, TOMORROW. THE LOST SOULS OF MOSUL by rancesca Mannocchi, Alessio Romenzi, 80min, [DOK.international]
- KABUL, CITY IN THE WIND by Aboozar Amini, 88min, The Netherlands/Germany/Afghanistan, [BEST OF FESTS]
- KINDER | KIDS by Nina Wesemann, 77min, Germany [Münchner Premieren]
- DIE KINDER DER UTOPIE | CHILDREN OF UTOPIA by Hubertus Siegert, 82min [DOK.panorama]
- KLAUS WILDENHAHN. DIRECT! PUBLIC AND PRIVATE by Quinka F. Stoehr ©2010
- DER KRIEG IN MIR | THE WAR IN ME by Sebastian Heinzel, 83min, Switzerland/Germany [DOK.deutsch]
- LAS HERMANAS DE ROCINANTE by Alexandra Kaufmann, 82min [DOK.internatinal]
- LET THE BELL RING by Christin Freitag, 90min, [megaherz student award]
- LIONHEARTED – AUS DER DECKUNG by Antje Drinnenberg, 93min, Germany [Münchner Premieren]
- LOVEMOBIL by Elke Margarete Lehrenkrauss, 103min, Germany, [DOK.deutsch]
- MANN AUF BLAU by Friedrich Tiedtke, 12min, [megaherz student award]
- MASTER OF DISASTER by J.rg Haaßengier, Jürgen Brügger, 79min, Switzerland/Germany, [DOK.deutsch]
- MISSION LIFELINE by Markus Weinberg, Luise Baumgarten, 67min, Germany [DOK.panorama]
- MORGEN, WENN DIE HUNDE SCHLAFEN by Louis Marioth, 15min [megaherz student award]
- MURGHAB by Martin Saxer, Daler Kaziev, 81min, Germany [Münchner Premieren]
- DER NACKTE KÖNIG – 18 FRAGMENTE ÜBER REVOLUTION | REVOLUTION REVISITED by Andreas Hoessli, 107min, Polen/Switzerland/Germany [DOK.international]
- NO GOLD FOR KALSAKA by Michel K. Zongo, 79min, Burkina Faso/DE [DOK.horizonte]
- O‘PFLANZT IS – 6 JAHRE GEMEINSCHAFTSGARTEN by Mickel Rentsch, 99min [Münchner Premieren]
- OUT OF PLACE by Friederike Güssefeld, 80min, Germany [DOK.deutsch]
- PHIL UND DAS TRAURIGSEIN by Marco Giacopuzzi, 25min [DOK.education]
- THE RAFT | FLOTTEN by Marcus Lindeen, 90min. Sweden/Danmark/USA/Germany [BEST OF FESTS]
- LOS REYES by Bettina Perut, Ivan Osnovikoff, 77min, Chile/Germany [DOK.panorama]
- DIE ROTE LINIE – VOM WIDERSTAND IM HAMBACHER FORST by Karin de Miguel Wessendorf, 115min, Germany [DOK.focus humaNature]
- SATYA – ROUGHCUTS OF LIFE by Karuna A. Fuchs, Elisa Maria Nadal, 97min, [megaherz student award]
- SEARCHING EVA by Pia Hellenthal, 84min, Germany [BEST OF FESTS]
- SPIRIT OF THE BALL by Murad Abu Eisheh, 90min, Germany, [DOK.special]
- STRESS by Florian Baron, 80min, Germany [DOK.special]
- STRONGER THAN FEARS by Tobias Rehm, 85min, [DOK.deutsch
- TAHRIIB by Lisa-Ena Ottenschläger, 5min, Germany [megaherz student award]
- TALKING ABOUT TREES by Suhaib Gasmelbari, 93min [DOK.network Africa]
- TANZ AUF DEM VULKAN by Maya Reichert, 90min, [Münchner Premieren]
- THINKING LIKE A MOUNTAIN by Alexander Hick, 93min,Germany/Colombia [Münchner Premieren]
- TIERE | ANIMALS by Jonas Spriestersbach, 75min, [megaherz student award]
- UNA PRIMAVERA by Valentina Primavera, 80min Austria/Germany [megaherz student award]
- VERTEIDIGER DES GLAUBENS by Christoph Röhl, 90min, Germany [DOK.panorama]
- WIR IM WALD - FOREVER FLÜCHTLING I by Dirk Schaefer [DOK.special]
- WAR OF ART by Tommy Gulliksen, 82min, Norway/Germany [DOK.panorama]
- WARUM ICH HIER BIN by Mieko Azuma, Susanne Mi-Son Quester, 65min, [DOK.education]
- WENN WIR ERST TANZEN | ONCE WE ARE DANCING by Dirk Heth, Olaf Winkler, Dirk Lienig, 93min, Germany [DOK.deutsch]
- THE WHALE AND THE RAVEN by Mirjam Leuze, 101min, Germany/Canada [DOK.international]
- WOODSTOCK by Barak Goodman, 97min, USA/Germany [DOK.panorama]
- DIE QUELLEN SPRECHEN www.die-quellen-sprechen.de (lecture with prepremiere screening of parts of the film)
SPEEDDATING for women in the film business and editors of TVstations. May 10, 2019, 19:00 - 21:30 at the HFF Munich.
Registration runs until April 29, 2019.
Oragnizing this event ProQuote Film, AG DOK and BVR will give participating female filmmakers the opportunity to get to know other trades and form new networks as part of DOK.forum Perspektiven at the 34 DOK.fest Munich. Editors are invited to introduce their fields of work and to get to know filmmakers and their projects at 12-minute one-on-ones. After the event, the DOK.forum Lounge will offer the opportunity to deepen one or two new acquaintanceships.
DOK.forum Marketplace May 9—11, 2019 at HFF MUNICH
The most exciting concepts for documentary film, film composition, series, webdoc, VR and interactive media. The DOK.forum Marketplace uses targeted matchmaking to bring projects in the development stage together with producers, commissioning editors and distributors - in competition for awards and grants.
• ROUNDTABLES In moderated 90-minute Roundtable Sessions, filmmakers discuss their latest projects in an exclusive and pleasant atmosphere with commissioning editors, producers, distributors, sales agents and funders.
• EXTENDED ONE-to-ONE To complement the discussions in the roundtables and after the pitchings, the DOK.forum Marketplace offers carefully curated One-to-One Meetings of 15 minutes each. The meetings will be arranged in advance and during the marketplace upon request of the decision makers.
• MARKETPLACE SCREENINGS Up to 10 projects in rough cut will be presented in a closed screening buyers, distributors, sales agents and festival curators.
• DOK.forum MRKETPLACE AWARDS With the new British Pathé Archive Award for outstanding archive film projects, the German Composition Funding Award for Film Composition and the Pitch Award of Haus des Dokumentarfilms, DOK.forum Marketplace offers three endowed competitions.
• ALL DIGITAL? THE DOCUMENTARY SLAM
Pitching for the future of filmmaking Digitalization is rapidly changing the film industry. Conventional strategies of the industry are challenged in all areas of filmmaking - from development, financing and production to distribution: no one can escape digital change. In order to actively shape this development, we must see it as an opportunity for our industry.
With the Documentary Slam ALL DIGITAL? we provide a platform for ideas that put the potential of digitization to good use for the film industry in a creative and courageous way. We offer film professionals the opportunity to present their concepts, impulses, practical reports and experiments to a broad industry audience at the 34th DOK.fest Munich.
DIGITISATION ALL OVER? DER DOCUMENTARY SLAM will take place on 9 May 2019 at the HFF Munich as part of the DOK.forum, the industry platform of the DOK.fest Munich. The participants will each have 10 minutes to present their ideas. Afterwards there will be an opportunity for questions from the moderator and the audience. CALL FOR CONCEPTS ended April 1, 2019.
...and here our 'last year NEWS' 33rd DOK.fest Munich 2018